Monday, June 8, 2009

Who Am I



In this case, it's not the game, Who AM I, but the first line of a song.

A secluded lakeside campsite, a comfortable reclining lawnchair, pinescented warm desert breezes, afternoon shade, the bluest sky...birds twittering, ospreys diving for fish, canoes gliding over the calm water. Ah.

Drinking in the incredible beauty and the vastness of God's creation made me feel so small.

This very well-written song came to mind.
Who am I? That the Lord of all the earth, would care to know my name ,
would care to feel my hurt?
Who am I? That the bright and morning star, would choose to light the way,
for my ever wandering heart.

Not because of who I am, but because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done, but because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean, a vapor in the wind,
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord you catch me when I'm falling and you've told me who I am.
I am yours.

written by Hall, John Mark & Casting Crowns

No comments: