Thursday, February 7, 2008

Different Messages

Telemarketing callers must really have to learn how to deal with rejection, because I don't know of anyone who likes them. I try not to be rude, because that voice on the other end belongs to a human being with feelings too. But isn't it even more disappointing when you get a surprise call from a friend, and after the usual nice chit chat, you find out the real motive for their call is that they wanted something from you or wanted to sell you something.

Refering to my previous blog..... a kind friend translated the Portugese response comments (thanks, Lorraine) I had received and you guessed it...it's a sales ploy. I kind of suspected that, but was hoping that maybe someone in some exotic foreign country was actually enjoying my creative writing skills.

Let's call someone for no particular reason but just to say hello, encourage them and ask for absolutely nothing in return.

No comments: