Monday, January 28, 2008

Languages

I admire people who are fluent in more than one language. My father was persistent in demanding that we speak German in our home. I resisted this strongly, and it became a point of continual contention. As I look back from this vantage point, I realize the wisdom of it all and am grateful that I can still understand and speak (although not fluently) my mother tongue. Oh how I wish I knew more languages!
Which brings me to the point of this blog. I have had several comments in response to my blogs in a language that I can't read, & it is bugging me. Can anyone interpret for me? Go to Dec. 3rd...."Busy,Busy" Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther:
I can answer your question - the Dec. 3 blog is in portuguese and it's an ad! They are inviting you to join CresceNet for just 20 'centavos' an hour. They claim that it's faster than ever and will put you in touch with 2100 cities in Brazil (just what you wanted :)). So that's what that's about. Lorraine in Edmonton