Tuesday, November 13, 2007

In the Still of the Night

It is 3:40 a.m. and my mind is on "rewind" over past events & racing with a list of things that I should do in the coming day, or should have done yesterday. Frustrating!

I have learned that the best antidote for this malady is to relax and take this time to allow God to speak to me in his still small voice....and read, worship and pray.
He reminds me of friends who need my prayers this very minute. So I lift up one who is crying out to God with constant pain, one who is wondering where God is, one who feels the loneliness after the death of his dearest, one who needs a job, one who is discouraged, one who is hoping for restored family relationships, one who needs discipline in studying, one who needs healing from past hurts, one who needs to come to faith in Christ, and one who is looking for that special man.

My spirit is calmed and I rest & sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther:
Thanks you for continuing to post your thoughts ... I regularly read the blogs and am always blest by your thoughts. Hope you have a great day - even though there was interrupted sleep
Lorraine in Edmonton