Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Giving..a Blessing

I was paying for my groceries when a rather distraught young lady approached the clerk saying, "I was just here and I lost a ten dollar bill. Did you find it or did someone turn it in?" She got a short reply, "No".
As I was unloading my groceries, I noticed this same lady rummaging through her trunk, frantically searching for the money. As I drove out of the parking lot, a voice said to me, "Go give her ten bucks."
I turned around and pulled over while saying to the Lord, "If there's a ten in my wallet, I'll give it to her." But there were just two twenties and a five. "Oh well... Too bad. She'll probably be gone anyway by now." But I drove there and she was still searching her car. I pulled in the spot beside her and said, "Are you OK?" She answered, "No. I just lost ten dollars." You should have seen her face when I handed her a twenty. Tearfully, she said, "You just made my day!"

It sure is more blessed to give than to receive. I was blessed more than she was!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Esther,

It is amazing what happens when we listen to that voice. I had a similar experience where I had picked up a cup of coffee at the end of my grocery shopping. As I wheeled my buggy to the car I passed a (supposedly)homeless man sitting by the entrance to the store. I went to my car and unloaded my groceries. I had to pass the same gentleman as I returned my buggy to the stall. I as passed him the second time I heard a voice tell me that I "didn't really need that cup of coffee." So I offered it to him. He responded with the gentlest kindest voice you could imagine and was genuinly thankful. A reminder that God is good to us.

Leslie Esau

Dawnelle said...

Hey Mom,
I always knew you were a sweetheart! LOL! Thanks for all the great stories and thoughts you've shared with us.