Monday, March 19, 2007

Rain,Rain, Rain

The other day I was complaining about the continual rain, rain, rain, rain. I am so tired of it and my little 3 year-old granddaughter said, "But Grammie, the ducks just love it."
Driving around our area, we see swollen rivers and lakes in places where they shouldn't be, causing havoc in many low lying areas. My sympathies to those who are experiencing tremendous hardship, damage and distress due to flooding.
But there is a field near by, covered in water, attracting hundreds of various fowl species. They are happily having a huge,wonderful party, this menagerie of seagulls, geese & ducks. When I hear the frogs they remind me of a giant choir practice, each one trying to out-croak the other, hoarse and off-key. They're lovin' it.
Now Noah comes to mind. Just imagine having to stay inside your house for forty days and forty nights, hearing nothing but continual heavy rainfall on the roof and you couldn't get out.
It's not so bad, so let's stop our whining. This too will pass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was away for this last deluge of rain. But I am sure seeing the after effects. These last two days I have been walking - and enjoying the spring blossoms and buds.

Lorraine D.

Sister C said...

and I miss the coastal rain.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.