Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weeds

If Eve could only see the consequences of listening to the serpents lies, she would have thought twice before eating that accursed apple.
The result...weeds, weeds, and more weeds. While I was fighting them today, I was reminded of the parallells between weeds and evil/sin.

Weeds are prolific.
They multiply.At the slightest touch, popweed scatters hundred of little seeds.
Dandelion flowers develop into fluffy puff balls so that the breeze can scatter seeds all over the garden.
Long blackberry vines hang over my fence and if they get near the soil they put down roots immediately.
A flat, spreading nameless plant infested my vegetable garden. I try to dig it out very carefully because any little leaf that falls to the ground roots a new plant.
Weeds need no fertilizer or "weeding" to flourish.

Chickweed forms a green blanket almost over night.
More weed species are emerging which I have never seen before.

If the roots are not completely removed,it will soon grow a new plant. Root systems can travel underground and emerge on the other side of a fence. Horsetail is almost impossible to eradicate because their roots seem almost elastic.

A buttercup seemed to mock me today."Here I am in the center of your heather. Just try and dig me out without killing your precious little plant. ha ha."

After working in the warm sunshine "by the sweat of my brow" it was a satisfying feeling to see the garden clean and weed free. The good can flourish & bloom beautifully for a spell. What a lovely sight, but not for long; so the battle continues. I just cannot stop fighting those ------ weeds!

I must also tend to the garden of my heart. Dig out the weeds of jealousy, pride, laziness and selfishness to give flowers of love, empathy, kindness & truth a chance to flourish.

2 comments:

Dawnelle said...

Awesome blog mom! Now can you come and do my yard?

Doreen said...

Thanks for the reminder through your "parable".